Nuclear Stress Test Instructions
When To Come
On the morning of your stress test, you will need to be in the office at least 20 minutes before the scheduled time of your test.
You must give the office at least 24 hours notice of a cancellation, if not you will be billed for the cost of the nuclear doses. The drugs used in testing are ordered specifically for you. Also if you are more than 15 minutes late, your appointment will be rescheduled. If you foresee not being on time please call ahead of time. If you are unable to keep your appointment, you may cancel by calling 972-475-7500, Monday through Friday, 9:00a.m. – 5:00 p.m. No family member will be allowed to come back during your nuclear stress test.
What Will Happen
- An I.V. will be started and you will be injected with a radioactive tracer called Thallium201.
- After being injected with Thallium201 there will be a 10-15 minute waiting period.
- A resting scan will be done of your heart. This takes approximately 18 minutes.
- After the rest scan, you will be hooked up to the EKG machine and will walk on the treadmill until you reach your target heart rate: at that time you will be injected with Myoview and will walk approximately 90 seconds more. If you cannot walk on the treadmill you will be having a pharmacological stress test with Adenosine or Dobutamine.
- After the treadmill or pharmacological portion of the stress test you will be given a snack and some juice or coffee and asked to wait for a period of time. You will then have your stress scan which last 16 minutes.
What To Wear:
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Please do not wear bras with underwire.
- Please bring a list of your medication.
- Please review the list of medications below. If you are taking any of the medications, please DO NOT TAKE THEM THE NIGHT BEFORE OR THE MORNING OF THE TEST, unless instructed otherwise.
- PLEASE TAKE ALL OTHER MEDICATIONS THAT ARE NOT LISTED
|1 Acebutolol||11 Cardizem||21 Inderal||31 Nadolol||41 Timolide|
|2 Atenolol||12 Carteolol||22 Inderide LA||32 Normadyne||42 Timolol|
|3 Bepridil||13 Cartrol||23 Isoptin||33 Penbutolol||43 Toprol|
|4 Betapace||14 Carvedilol||24 Isradipine||34 Pindolol||44 Trandate|
|5 Betaxolol||15 Coreg||25 Kerlone||35 Propanolol||45 Vascor|
|6 Bisoprolol||16 Corgard||26 Labetolol||36 Sectral||46 Verapamil|
|7 Blocadron||17 Corzide||27 Levatol||37 Sotalol||47 Verelan|
|8 Breviloe||18 Dilacor XR||28 Lopressor||38 Tenoretic||48 Visken|
|9 Bystolic||19 Diltiazem||29 Lopressor HCT||39 Tenormin||49 Zebeta|
|10 Calan||20 Esmolol||30 Metoprolol||40 Tiazac||50 Ziac|