Who We Are
Texas Cardiac Associates is a group of North Texas’ leading cardiologists. It was formed with the goal of providing state-of-the-art cardiac care and improving the level of cardiology services across the state.
Our nuclear lab holds the high distinction of being accredited by the Intersocietal Commission For The Accreditation Of Nuclear Medicine Laboratories, and our echo lab also holds the high distinction of being accredited by the Intersocietal Commission For The Accreditation Of Echocardiography Laboratories.
TCA is committed to offering patients optimum care through new and emerging technologies and a staff with unparalleled expertise.
As our staff grows, so will our range of services. Cardiac electrophysiology, and diagnosis and treatment of peripheral vascular disease are among the many new techniques we use to treat our heart patients.
Where We Are
TCA has clinics in Rowlett, Rockwall, Sunnyvale and Murphy, Texas. Our medical offices are staffed with helpful professionals, and patients are cared for by board-certified doctors. In the community, we are affiliated with the leading medical centers, and our facilities are equipped with the very latest in medical technology.
With clinics in Rowlett, Rockwall, Sunnyvale and Murphy, TCA hopes to increase convenient access and accessibility to our state-of-the-art cardiac care.
Preventive Care And Clinical Programs
We know that the first step toward a healthy heart does not begin in the doctor’s office, but with many of the choices we make in everyday life.
Texas Cardiac Associates urges people to lead healthy lifestyles and practice preventive care. To this end, we have in place a wide variety of clinical programs for our patients, including exercise and eating plans. TCA also strongly supports the primary care physician relationship as a path to better overall health. Working with your family doctor, we can better ensure coordinated, appropriate medical treatment. Your TCA physician win keep your family doctor updated on the care you receive with us.
Some Healthy Steps You Can Take Yourself Include:
- Avoid high cholesterol food, particularly those foods high in “bad” LDL cholesterol, and increase intake of foods high in “good” HDL cholesterol.
- Stop smoking! Smoking cessation increases HDL levels, improves circulation and breathing, and after only one day of quitting, decreases your chances of having a heart attack.
- Exercise, exercise, exercise! Work with your TCA physician or family doctor to develop a steady, consistent program of aerobic exercise, such as jogging, biking, skating, aerobic dance or walking.
- Use alcohol and caffeine in moderation.
- Check your blood pressure regularly.
- If you are older than 40, get a stress test.